Coinciding with their release into circulation on June 10, 2013, the United States Mint will make six products available containing 2013 Great Basin National Park Quarters.
These new products include rolls and bags of varying quantities of circulating-quality quarters with a reverse design emblematic of Great Basin National Park in Nevada — a Bristlecone Pine tree and the rocky glacial moraines where the trees grow.
Rolls and bags are filled with quarters produced at the U.S. Mint facilities in Denver, Philadelphia and San Francisco. The six products with the Great Basin quarters include:
- 40-Coin Rolls from San Francisco for $18.95
- Two-Roll Sets with 80 coins in total, one roll from Denver and one roll from Philadelphia, for $32.95
- Three-Roll Sets with 120 coins in total with one roll from each minting facility for $46.95
- 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from San Francisco for $34.95
- 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from Philadelphia for $34.95
- 100-Coin Bags of Great Basin quarters from Denver for $34.95
On June 10 at noon Eastern Time, 2013 Great Basin National Park Quarters in rolls and bags may be ordered through the United States Mint website, http://www.usmint.gov/, or by phone, at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
Convenience, speed and higher quality selection are among reasons collectors will buy quarters directly from the Mint even though they carry a premium over their face value. In most areas of the country, finding new quarters is difficult since local banks cannot order them by a specific design. Also, banks tend to get sent coins from either Denver or Philadelphia, not both locations. Finally, circulating-quality quarters from San Francisco are only available from the U.S. Mint. The bureau created these "S" mint mark quarters solely for coin collectors. Even over time, they will not be found in circulation like those from Denver or Philadelphia.
Additional US Mint Products with Great Basin National Park Quarters
Great Basin National Park Quarters are in several other collector products from the U.S. Mint. Some of them are available now, others are coming and many contain more than just the Great Basin quarter. A sampling of them includes:
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Coin Set for $12.95
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set for $14.95
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set for $36.95 (recently reduced in price)
- 2013 Proof Set for $31.95
- 2013 Silver Proof Set for $60.95
- 2013 Great Basin National Park Quarters Three-Coin Set – scheduled for release on June 25 for $9.95
99.9% pure 2013 Great Basin Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins and collector Great Basin Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins will also get issued by the U.S. Mint. The bullion coin launches on June 24. The collector uncirculated coin debuts on June 27.
Great Basin National Park Quarters are the third of the 2013 coins under the U.S. Mint’s program of America the Beautiful Quarters®. These quarter-dollars commemorate national parks and other sites around the U.S. and it territories. The program kicked off in 2010 and will continue until at least 2021.