Coinciding with their release into the Federal Reserve banking system, the United States Mint will make several new products available Monday, April 1, 2013, that contain 2013 Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarters.
These new products feature rolls and bags of circulation quality Perry’s Victory quarters with reverse designs emblematic of the historic site in Ohio.
When a quarter launches into circulation, it has become the custom of the U.S. Mint to start offering rolls and bags of them on the same day. These rolls and bags are filled with quarters struck at the U.S. Mint facilities in Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco. New products with Perry’s Victory quarters include:
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarter Three-Roll Set, (40 P, 40 D, & 40 S), for $46.95
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarter Two-Roll Set, (40 P & 40 D), for $32.95
- Perry’s Victory Quarter 40-coin Rolls, San Francisco, for $18.95
- Perry’s Victory Quarter 100-coin Bag, San Francisco, for $34.95
- Perry’s Victory Quarter 100-coin Bag, Philadelphia, for $34.95
- Perry’s Victory Quarter 100-coin Bag, Denver, for $34.95
Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarters are the second 2013-dated coins under the U.S. Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. The first quarter of the year were released in January and featured reverse designs emblematic of the White Mountain National Forest of New Hampshire.
Coins of the program first appeared in 2010 with five new quarters released annually. Each honors a different national park or national site of interest from around the United States and its territories. The program is scheduled to end in 2021 when fifty-six new coins of the series have debuted.
Designs Featured on Perry’s Victory Quarters
Reverse designs of the Perry’s Victory quarters depict the statue of Master Commandant Oliver Hazard Perry with the Peace Memorial in the distance. Reverse Inscriptions include PERRY’S VICTORY, OHIO, 2013, and E PLURIBUS UNUM. The reverse was designed and executed by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Don Everhart.
Shown on the obverse of the coin is the John Flanagan portrait of George Washington, the first President of the United States. This portrait has appeared, with minor variations, on the obverse of circulating quarter dollars since 1932. Obverse inscriptions include UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, LIBERTY, IN GOD WE TRUST and QUARTER DOLLAR.
Where to Find the Rolls and Bags of Perry’s Victory Quarters
As most coin collectors can attest, the only sure fire way to quickly get Perry’s Victory quarters will be to order them directly from the U.S. Mint. They will eventually make their way into local circulation and your pocket change, but that can take many, many months as new coins only ship to local financial institutions based on the need for them in commerce.
In addition, the U.S. Mint only strikes coins for circulation at its facilities in Philadelphia and Denver. Thus, these are the only two versions that you are likely to ever see in circulation. San Francisco circulation quality quarters are only produced for numismatic purposes and sold directly to the public.
2013 Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarters in rolls and bags may be purchased at the United States Mint website, http://www.usmint.gov/, or by phone, at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). A $4.95 for shipping and handling fee applies to all domestic orders.
Each of these products has the U.S. Mint’s distinctive black and white branding.
More Perry’s Victory Quarter Products
The U.S. Mint also includes the Perry’s Victory quarters in several other products, some of which are already available, and some of which will be released in the coming months. Examples include:
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set – released on January 8 and selling for $41.95
- 2013 Quarters Proof Set – released on January 22 and selling for $14.95
- 2013 U.S. Mint Proof Set – released on March 28 and selling for $31.95
- 2013 Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Quarter 3-Coin Set – scheduled for release on April 16 for $9.95
- 2013 Quarters Uncirculated Coin Set – scheduled for release on April 25 for 12.95
- 2013 Silver Proof Set® – scheduled for release on May 2 for $67.95
Pricing of U.S. Mint products is subject to change. In addition, future release dates are also subject to change.
Perry’s Victory Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins and collector quality Perry’s Victory Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins are also to be issued by the U.S. Mint. Their release dates and pricing have not yet been unveiled.