On Monday, August 26, 2013, new Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Quarters will get released for circulation by the Federal Reserve Bank. On that same day, the United States Mint will release several different products containing Fort McHenry quarters.
These products are issued for numismatic (collector) purposes and contain circulating quality quarters in rolls and bags. Throughout the new product line-ups, buyers will have the choice of quarters produced at U.S. Mint facilities in Denver, Philadelphia and San Francisco.
The six new products available include:
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Three-Roll Set, (40 P, 40 D, & 40 S), for $46.95
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Two-Roll Set, (40 P & 40 D), for $32.95
- Fort McHenry Quarters in 40-Coin Rolls, San Francisco, for $18.95
- Fort McHenry Quarters in 100-Coin Bag, San Francisco, for $34.95
- Fort McHenry Quarters in 100-Coin Bag, Philadelphia, for $34.95
- Fort McHenry Quarters in 100-Coin Bag, Denver, for $34.95
Fort McHenry quarters are struck as the nineteenth release of the Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters® Program and the fourth to appear in the series for this year. Shown on the reverse of each is a design emblematic of the national monument and historic shrine which is located in the state of Maryland.
That design was created by United States Mint Sculptor-Engraver Joseph Menna and offers a view of the monument during a "Defenders Day" celebration. The fireworks of the celebration are meant to symbolize the "rocket’s red glare" of the Star-Spangled Banner for which Fort McHenry now remains famous.
These products are available from the United States Mint as a means for collectors to obtain the new strikes. Even though Denver and Philadelphia strikes are also released into circulation, it can be difficult to find them at your local banking institution or in pocket-change.
2013 Fort McHenry National monument and Historic Shrine Quarters in rolls and bags may be ordered through the United States Mint website, http://www.usmint.gov/, or by phone, at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
Additional US Mint Products with Fort McHenry Quarters
Collectors also have several other numismatic options which contain Fort McHenry National Memorial and Historic Shrine Quarters. Some of these options include:
- 2013 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set for $27.95
- 2013 United States Mint Proof Set for $31.95
- 2013 United States Mint Silver Proof Set for $53.95
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set for $14.95
- 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set for $31.95
The silver proof set options includes all the 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters struck from 90% silver.
In addition, the United States Mint also strikes 2013 Fort McHenry Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins and 2013 Fort McHenry Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins from five ounces of .999 fine silver. These coins feature a diameter of three inches but contain the same basic imagery as found on the smaller circulating quarter dollars.
The 2013 Fort McHenry Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins is currently scheduled to be released on August 29th. If current pricing holds, they will be available for $154.95.